BILLINGS BUDGET WORKSHOP
DoubleTree 27 North 27th Street
Conference Room 5
Did you catch that? If not, you now know how your Trustees,
colleagues, taxpayers, and—I’m sorry to say—even your spouse
often feel when you talk about your District’s budget. At this
year’s MASBO Budget Workshop, we’ll bridge that
communication gap. Our goal is to take your budget numbers
and translate them into something all of your stakeholders will
8:30 a.m. Kickoff
9:00 a.m. Communicating the Who & Why: District Organization
11:45 a.m. Lunch
1:15 p.m. Communicating the What: District Information
2:00 p.m. Communicating the How: District Financial Information
4:00 p.m. Done!
These workshops are hands-on, so plan to get some work done and walk out with a finished product (or something close to finished).
We’re developing a list of items and information you need to bring with you, and we’ll provide that information soon.
It’s gonna be loads of fun – superintendent/clerk teams are encouraged to attend. Hope you can join us!
Here’s a list of items you should plan to bring with you:
- Hard copies of the following - cuz you’ll be inputting data from these reports:
- 4 years’ DISTRICT enrollment reports (Oct 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) – these are available in MAEFAIRS
- 3 years’ Budget reports (FY18, FY19, and FY20) – also available in MAEFAIRS or on the OPI website (click here)
- A laptop or other device with which you can work in Excel and Word and access the Internet
- A calculator and a pencil or pen
- A willingness to ask questions and share what works best in your district